Here you can find an array of useful information about the Skating Academy. If for some reason you have further questions, feel free to contact us below!
What should I wear?
The ice rink is chilly! To ensure all skaters are best prepared,we designed this list of recommended clothing and equipment. When our skaters are warm and safe, they are “free to be” and it speeds up the learning process.
– Long Sleeves
– Thin socks to wear in skates (thick socks make feet cold)
– Pants and Helmet for Basic Skills skaters.
– Mandatory helmet and hockey skates (rentals are okay for Hockey 1-4 Program
– Adults/Teens: Long sleeves, pants, helmet or knit cap and wrist guards
"Buddy Pass” (Free introductory class) redemption steps.
– Arrive at one of our regular scheduled LTS classes held on Tuesdays at 5:30pm,
Thursdays at 5:30pm and Saturdays at 10:30am.
– Present your “Buddy Class” card to our friendly front desk staff. At that time
you will be asked to sign our waiver, fill in your contact information.
– You will receive a sticker that says “Buddy” on it, which must be visible to our
Coaching staff at rink side. After our 5-minute on-ice warm up, you will be
placed in a class for our 30 minute instructional time, followed by a 30 minute
– NOTE: In the event that our classes are at full capacity, you will be encouraged
to watch the magic/fun happen for 30 minutes and your free introductory class
will begin after our regular class time during our practice/free time with one
of our coaching staff members.
Booster and private lessons are for those skaters wishing to speed up the
learning process. They are structured 1-on-1 sessions with a qualified private
instructor on our staff. They focus on the skaters more difficult skills and
mastering other skills they already know. It is fun, organized added practice
Instructors of Ford Ice Center are independent contractors who use the Ford Ice
Center facilities to coach private lessons; therefore they set their own schedule
and fees. All fees must be paid to the coach directly and do not include the price
of admission or skate rental.
Homeschool Physical Education Credit Session
Having trouble finding gym credits? This is a great program to be active, meet
new friends and earn credits for P.E./Gym class.
– When: Thursdays at 9:30am – 11:15am
– Price: $5.00 per skater (includes admission and skate rental)
Coming Soon... Stay tuned!
“Gear in Motion” A six week session introducing Mite Hockey Players (ages 6-8)
all the basic foundational skating skills that are necessary for an entry level
hockey player in all their gear!